Traveling is sure fun, but also enrich you with experience. Taking pictures of you on traveling is a must. The urge of looking fantastic is a desire for men and women. Being a traveler, we know that different temperatures and climates can cause different damages on our skin. Traveling can also add stress because of the lack of sleep, jet lag, dry airplane cabins and several other things that can affect your skin condition. As a man you need to think practical, so I want to share not only basic grooming routines, but the actual products that I use whenever I step on that plane and start my journey.
- Daily Moisturizer. I always use Khiel’s Facial Fuel Transformer Age Correcting Moisture – Gel for Men, since it is on a form of gel, it is easier to be absorbed and it will improve your skin texture right away by making it smoother. What I love about this product is that it is very light and not greasy, a must for a good hot summer. As for the winter, it helps prevent you from that ‘cold-peel’ effect. Make sure to carry one around anywhere.
- Sun Protector. Why do you need this? When traveling you’re going under the sun all day. Khiel’s Facial Fuel UV Guard SPF 50+ is going to be your best friend during the day. This High level SPF 50 broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection guards men not only from daily damage but premature aging. What I like about this product is its Ultra-Lightweight and Non-Sticky compound. So when the weather is very hot, and when you’re sweating, this product will surely make your skin stay matte and the most important is will it not cause you any blemishes.
- Facial wash, a sure must. There will be several brands in the market but I have two recommended options. First is a Khiel’s Face fuel energizing face wash – this product is amazing for summer because of its cooling effects refreshes me after long-haul flight, or just simple wash upon you wake up in the morning. It also helps my skin resist the harmful effects of environmental stress that gives my skin dull and tired-looking skin! Instead, it will give you a fresher and healthier appearance. The second product is the Khiel’s Clearly Corrective Purifying Foaming Cleanser, which is best for the when weather goes down and you start to welcome winter because it moisturizes your skin just right leaving it supple and not dry.
- Lip Care, of course, you don’t want to end up with cracked lips. At first I hated using lip balm or everything around my lips, but as the temperature goes down and the winter comes, my lips become very dry and easy to peel. So I have no option but to protect my lips and use Nivea Lip Butter. I chose this product because, it’s very convenient to use as you only need to apply it once, then is good for the whole day.
- Hair Wax, a must for men who wanted to look sleek! Having a clean cut hair is very is important to me, as I always want to look neat. I was never a fan of the “out-of-bed” look as I find it messy and against my dapper looking neat hair. My recommendation is Gatsby (rubber wax) for it holds my hair and maintain that look for 24 hours and of course, like a must for hair products, its easy to wash.
- Perfume. I don’t like to be one of those “stinky backpaker”, so I make sure to always wear and bring my favorite perfume on my carry on. Choosing a perfume for travel is tricky. You need the right size to carry around and you need something that can be used day and night. When traveling, I like something fresh and bit sporty, and can be use by day or night.
- Additional. Some men use BB Cream, and I hate it. But my pores are wide; and to cover it I use Khiel’s Micro-Blur Skin Perfector. This product instantly diminishes the appearance of pores and refines skin texture. Leaving my skin smooth over entire face daytime and night time. Make sure to use daily as the last step in your skincare routine for a smoother, pore-less and healthier-looking you.
That’s all for my grooming products and I hope that you learn from my vanity travel kit. If you want to know more of those products, please see it here.